Fellowship Program Overview
APPLICATIONS FOR 2013 PROGRAM NOW CLOSED
Watch this space or sign up for updates here for some soon to be launched new CSL leadership programs running in the second half of 2013
Each year, the Centre for Sustainability Leadership Flagship Program provides 25 of the most promising leaders from both Sydney and Melbourne with access to the resources they need to truly make a positive impact.
Applications for the 2013 program close Feb 24, 2013. See FAQ
Throughout the seven-month program, our 50 Fellows participate in;
- Weekly Workshops: Skill development through facilitated learning, excercises and discussions with an impressive list of guest speakers.
- Residential Retreats: Three retreats, which focus on intensive development of key skills, including project development, leadership, effective communication and media skills.
- Sustainability Projects: Fellows devise their own creative solution to a sustainability challenge and implement their proposal using the skills learned in the workshops.
- Networking Opportunities.
- One-to-One Coaching.
- Mentorship: Fellows are matched with some of Australia’s best business, political, social and environmental leaders to learn from their wisdom and experience.
- Peer-to-peer learning.
- An online community and forum.
The Fellowship Program curriculum is underpinned by key competencies that have been identified as fundamental skills for successfully addressing the challenges faced by leaders who aim to create a sustainable future.
The Three Phases of the Fellowship Program
Phase 1 // Going Within
The first phase of the program helps participants to identify the areas for development and growth that they will focus on throughout the program, as well as define goals and strategies to ensure they can make the change they need within themselves.
Phase 2 // Stepping Up
Phase two is for participants to understand how they can optimise their relationships with others to bring about their vision through inspiration, collaboration and action.
“Stepping Up” focuses on two fundamental aspects:
1. Projects: Creating real change by translating vision into action – now!
2. Effective interpersonal relationships: Inspiring and collaborating with others as leaders and team members to achieve this change. A leader must be able to inspire others to follow and enact their vision, a key component of which is developing your communication skills.
Phase 3 // Stepping Out
This phase begins with a reminder to participants of why they are here and why they do what they do. They will meet some of the inspirational sustainability leaders out there walking their talk, empowering them and ensuring they stay energised throughout the last phase of the program. “Stepping Out” reinforces and adds to the tool kit they will have built up throughout the program in preparation for launching out into the world, ready to continue the journey into creating real change as a sustainability leader.
As such, phase three covers the theories behind the dynamics of change. It also seeks to reinforce and deepen what they’ve learnt throughout the Fellowship Program experience.